Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

Hello, World

Or, you know, hello friends who I've told to come look at my blog.


As it turns out, doing an "About Me" post really sucks, which is probably why I never got involved in online dating. Luckily for me, avoiding that train wreck worked out and I'm marrying a FANTASTIC guy in August. I'll tell all about him in a post soon. :)


Obvs my Razorbacks didn't beat Bama.


A few bullet points about me...


My motto is Love Jesus. Love People. I think I do a pretty good job of that most of the time.


I love my family and couldn't ask for a better one. They're warm and loving and dry and snarky and always keep me grounded.


The family who uses a selfie stick together stays together, right?
I'm definitely a Daddy's girl...unfortunately, my dad passed away a little over a month ago, so I'm learning to navigate that part of my life. A part I definitely wasn't ready for. My daddy always brought the sarcasm to our family, and never let you get the big head about any compliment he gave...one of my all time favorite Danny lines came after my sister was interviewed for a local news story and he saw it and told her she did very well and sounded professional and intelligent. So kind, right y'all? Well, his ending to that highly complimentary sentence was "...but your hair looked like hell." Never change, Dad.




My mom, on the other hand, completely balances him. She's the kindest, most supportive mother I could imagine. I talk to her almost every morning on my drive to work. **That hour commute gets lonely sometimes.**


Even when you're 27, momma snuggles are the best.




Anyway, I'm the WAY youngest of three girls, like, Mom was 7 months pregnant with me when my sister with the bad hair **jokes** graduated from COLLEGE. So despite having my two older sisters, Tina and Dedee, I was raised almost as an only child...and sometimes I'm the worst possible mix of "youngest" and "only" personality types. Thankfully, I have an awesome group of friends who call me out when I get out of line. If you're lucky enough to have friends like that, keep them. My advice to you.


Much like Lane, I think my friends need their own post, so I'll hold off on that for a bit.


If you took to the time to read my rambling, welcome. My goal is to blog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but I am majorly Type B, so we'll see how that goes. See you back Monday to find out why I got the wild hair to start a blog.


XO,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment